Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Zealots?!



Can anyone tell me why Christians always think their religion is the only one that exists? Why are they so inconsiderate of other people's beliefs?

It seems like everyone's always trying to save me from my "wretched" ways. I don't want to hear people trying to cram their propaganda down my throat. Telling me what is right for my life. I don't like the whole idea of the "fact" if I don't follow Christianity, I go to hell. I grew up with a very loose sense of religion as a child. Before anyone says anything, I went to church for several years of my life. I have tried it out before. Even though, I was a lot younger at the time I still went.

I usually don't like to discuss my religious beliefs because I always get a whole group of Christians attacking me. Especially living in the heart of the Bible Belt in East Texas. Yes, it has happened before at a bible study group that I was lead to believe was a just a discussion group. I was flat out lied to by a Christian who knows that lying is wrong. Just so he could have more people at his bible study group because he went to Green Acres Baptist Church, which is the biggest church in this area. I hate that church with every fiber of my being because they stand for closed-mindedness, social events & money.

By the way, this is MY personal opinion on this matter. I know there has to be some type of higher being. There are way too many other varied religions there not to be. I think the bible is a set of guidelines like the ten commandments for us to follow as civil humans. Every religion has a set of guidelines to tell us what is morally correct. Such as the Golden Rule. Christianity is far too often taken way out of context from someone else's personal opinion & depiction. I don't want to hear your scripture rattled off to me like you are a robot. I live my life the way that I want to live, not by what anyone else says. Before you even start talking shit about me, just think of how bad that is morally to be calling me out for being myself. Let's not use the labels you could call me, the only one I like is Nixxi.

1 comment:

Dolphiness said...

I hear what you mean.. I grew up in a Christian home.. I tell you what.. NOTHING added up.. there were so many discrepancies and not only that but everyone was/is hypocritical.. When I went to church they were teaching everyone that there is only one judge and that was god.. however, isn't it judging when you tell someone that if you don't convert that you will go to hell.. I mean.. come on.. I totally feel what you are saying..